Cool & Comfortable Home near the Beach
Casa Atun is a super cool and comfortable one bedroom home with a large outdoor terrace. The queen bedroom and downstairs futon allows for four guests, including children! Located in Mal Pais within a retreat gated community, steps to the beach and a 2 minute drive to the cross roads at Playa Carmen. Offering high speed fiber optic internet, air conditioning in every room, private washer/dryer and a fully equipped kitchen. The shared infinity pool is available for all guests.
“Casa Atun” as it is affectionately called is one of seven private homes that may be rented individually or together, each within the gates of a brand new retreat community
– Private home within a secure, gated development with on-site security
– Shared community pool
– Master bedroom loft and full bathroom can be found on the second level while the living area, kitchen, laundry and half-bathroom make up the lower level
– A futon on the lower level is available for two guests.
– Less than a 5 minute walk to the beach and tide pools
– Located off the main road and 2 minute drive to the cross roads at Playa Carmen, restaurants, shops, bank and pharmacy
– 4×4 is not required to access the property
– Fully equipped kitchen and private washer/dryer
Mal Pais is found at the southernmost tip of the Nicoya Peninsula on the Pacific Coast. What began as a tiny fishing village, Mal Pais and neighboring Santa Teresa have become popular among anglers, surfers, and adventure travelers from around the world.
The crossroads of Mal Pais/Santa Teresa is approximately 1/4 mile from the home. Guests typically rent a car (Alamo is available in Mal Pais), quad, taxi or walk.
I will be available in person, by email or Whats App.
Mal Pais is found at the southernmost tip of the Nicoya Peninsula on the Pacific Coast. The home is within a gated-community approximately 300 meters to the beach. From Mal Pais along the main dirt road to Santa Teresa and Playa Hermosa you will find many beaches, restaurants and shops.
If you are interested in booking a fishing excursion (by panga or kayak), surf lessons, or need assistance with car or quad rentals, please let us know. We offer surf lessons and fishing from local guides. We are also able to arrange for your car or quad rental so that it is ready for you when you arrive! Let us know prior to arrival so we can be sure to get your reservations confirmed!
It is not an uncommon occurrence to periodically be without power or water in this region for a period of time. Sometimes blessings are curses – the very beauty of vacationing in a remote location like Mal Pais means that services many take for granted are sometimes unavailable.